2. I had a meeting with Church Higher Ups (like, y'know, the pastors... not God) and they offered to give me money for Oz because they want to "invest in our young people"! So now I'm basically set, financially. I told them I was planning on using up all my savings to go (Sydney is expensive) and they were like "Bah, save your money so you can fly back to Singapore more often during the holidays." There's a bond, so I'll probably have to work in the Creative Arts department when I get back for a few years, but I was more of less planning on that anyway, so yeah... free money! Now I don't have to worry about being penniless when I get back from Oz. God is cool.
3. Spent the rest of the afternoon recording backing vocals for the Sonic Edge Band's new album. Pretty cool, although I still hate studio recording because it's not half as fun as performing live and twice as much work.
4. The blood and oozy wounds are healing up, and the scabs on the face are nearly gone, although the cheekbone still feels bruised, and now the left wrist is weak and kinda tender and swollen. It's weird coz before I was concentrating on the pain of the bloody palm, so never noticed how I'd injured the wrist. Grrrrr.
5. While chatting at the recording studio, I was explaining my injuries, and said "battles with gravity". Now, wouldn't that be an awesome name for a band? Battles With Gravity!! Come ON!
6. After such an exciting day, I'm totally exhausted and I'm contemplating going to bed... and it's only 9.40pm. But I've been tagged by banazir to do the movie survey, so here it is, before I go.
THE MOVIE SURVEY
1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
About 70-80, I think.
2) The last film I bought:
Probably The Incredibles. Or Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
3) The last film I watched:
Kingdom Of Heaven.
4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
- Singin' In The Rain (dancin + singin + rain. I've watched this MANY times. And I think I own about 3 copies of it.)
- Say Anything (Lily Taylor + hilarity + angst + John Cusack)
- The Princess Bride (hilarity + hilarity + twoo wuv)
- Robin Hood (the Disney cartoon. This is THE best Disney cartoon ever. It just is. I win.)
- Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews + the delusion that you can clean your room by snapping your fingers.)
I'm not gonna tag anyone to do it because... I believe in fweedom. FWEEDOM!!!
And I'm tired, so I can't think of people.