Went to India.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember making any. Although one probably went along the lines of "lose weight". And I didn't really keep that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I'd say "boyfriend", but that would actually be rather impractical since I'll be leaving the country in a year or so. Maybe "discipline". That would be good. Yeah.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't remember. My birthday was pretty good, coz my Mom made me a cake.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't know. Seeing The Ridge go from a design disaster to sleek trendy magazine, maybe.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Skincare? It's nice that that's my biggest failure, I think. I feel pretty good about 2004.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My back ailment really cleared up this year. The only two serious health things were my Achilles inflammation midyear and my barf episodes in the past month.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Powerbook. And my piano.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody really appalls me or makes me depressed. It's a waste of time.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Technically, savings and mutual funds (and other investments that made me feel impossibly grown-up. I actually have a teeny tiny stake in Microsoft now! Aaaauuugh!) On the spending front, new computer + new piano.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing. This either means that I'm not excitable, or that I'm so easily excitable that nothing seems especially really really really exciting. Hmmm.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
None. I don't relate songs to years.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier
thinner or fatter? A tad thinner, I'm told. But that's only because I've been ill.
richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being online doing nothing. Buying stupid things on eBay.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family. Eating. Sleeping.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
VERONICA MARS!!!! *ducks*
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Asterix & the Goths. Eats Shoots & Leaves
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ojos de Brujo and Bruce Hornsby
27. What did you want and get?
Computer. Piano. Band pulling together.
28. What did you want and not get?
28b. What did you get and not want?
29. What was your favourite film(s) of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had an early birthday party with family and friends and then another surprise one at home on the actual day where my Mom baked me a yummy cake. And we sat around eating pizza and fried chicken and watching Singapore Idol.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing some weight. Not being so incredibly ill this past month.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Getting pretty again after trying for a couple years to fit in with the local concept of 'dressing up is silly'. Trying to be a little more grown-up and a little less I'm-still-16.
33. What kept you sane?
I don't think I was ever at risk of going in-sane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None in particular.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I suppose the US presidential election.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm. Beatrice, whom I got to know on the India trip.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Pain is inevitable, misery is optional.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Things keep coming and I keep wondering
When I'll start feeling the walls close in
Things keep coming and I keep stumbling
I start feeling strong enough to break